Office Administrator | Project Support – SGA | NarmourWright Design
Company Name: SGA | NarmourWright Design
SGA | NarmourWright Design is seeking a talented Office Administrator | Project Support to join our firm in our Charlotte, North Carolina office. With over 45 years of design distinction in the Southeast, we offer opportunities for career development within an engaging and professional environment. This medium sized multi-disciplined firm offers an integrated approach to planning, architecture, interior design, and landscape architecture.
This position requires working closely with the Charlotte office in an administrative support role. The successful candidate must be a leader, self-starter, organized, flexible and possess a strong work ethic.
Bachelor’s Degree desired
1-3 years of experience in a professional design or construction office
The ability to prioritize and execute a variety of tasks within a single project and across multiple projects
Organized, decisive, detail-oriented and committed to the firm’s quality standards
Excellent writing, interpersonal communication and grammatical skills and ability to adapt to an industry-specific style guide
Ability to handle multiple responsibilities
Strong organizational, time management and multi-tasking skills
Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, including InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
Comfortable in a support role and ability to work with minimum supervision
– Handle general office tasks including, but not limited to, filing, documentation, setting up for meetings, and replenishing/reordering supplies
– Make travel arrangements, such as booking flights, cars, and making hotel and restaurant reservations
– Greet and assist clients
– AR/AP assistance (weekly payables, billing, etc.)
– Communication with office vendors
– Employee events planning
PROJECT ASSITANCE RESPONSIBILITIES:
– Coordinate the day to day flow of the team’s information both internally and with other organizations
– Create project presentations utilizing Photoshop, InDesign, and/or Bluebeam, including project title blocks and coloring elevations in Photoshop.
– Use software programs to prepare spreadsheets, do word processing, maintain databases and other application
– Prepare contracts using AIA software
– Track and process shop drawings and RFIs
– Understand most office functions and the use of office equipment such as copiers, scanners, projectors, phone systems, GoToMeeting, MS Teams, Zoom etc.
– Ability to learn and operate new office technologies as they are developed and implemented in the office
– Provide administrative project support to members of the team, may schedule meetings using MS Outlook, and may work with accounting to arrange business travel
– Handle telephone, email and personal contact with internal employees and external clients
– Create and composes administrative correspondence and technical documents with thorough audit and application of formatting, grammar, spelling, and punctuation
– Review work done by others to check for correct spelling and grammar and recommend or provide revisions to ensure company standards are being met
– Manage client contact information and maintains project files
– Track, organize, and file certificates of insurance
– Serve as the meeting coordinator for client, team and /or office meetings
SGA | NarmourWright Design is a medium-sized firm consisting of 50+ professionals across four offices in the Carolinas with a collaborative and close-knit family office culture. You will gain comprehensive experience working with all team members in diverse areas and project types. Our project portfolio consists of higher education, k-12 education, municipal, parks & recreation, residential, commercial & mixed use, ecclesiastical, healthcare, housing, adaptive reuse, community, hospitality, landscape architecture, planning, and interior design. We are proud of our firm’s 45-year history – it’s the incredible people that make our firm great.
YOUR CAREER PATH MATTERS TO US
We offer career opportunities that will excite and challenge you. We want you to develop your career in a way that best suits and inspires you, so you can make the best of your skills and thrive from day one. Our culture encourages continuous learning and opportunity, and we firmly believe in helping support your development of skills, knowledge, and exposure to a wide array of diverse project types.