Architectural Project Designer – C Design
Company Name: C Design Inc.
Honored with the 2020 AIA North Carolina Firm Award and the 2018 AIA Charlotte Firm of the Year Award, C DESIGN is a mid-sized architecture, interior design, and planning firm located in Charlotte, NC. Our team works together in an award-winning, modern, industrial open office with welcoming employee amenities and hospitality areas. We have a close-knit, fun, supportive and collaborative culture.
We are seeking an ambitious Architectural Project Designer to join our community-focused mindset, vibrant team camaraderie and solid project management process. Working with C DESIGN provides a unique, diverse learning experience in a range of project types including Aviation, Civic, Education, Recreation, Operations and Workplace.
– Collaborate with design team in all phases of the design process such as programming, site analysis, and conceptual planning
– Prepare design concepts and presentations including renderings, and other related design materials
– Select and specify materials and finishes
– Perform research related to building code requirements
– Develop Construction Documents
– Perform construction phase tasks including site visits, RFI responses and submittal review
– Assist with consultant, vendor and client relationships
– Self-manage project assignments from start to finish with oversight
– Keep supervisor informed of progress and need for assistance
– Progressive work history of 1-5 years of experience in a professional design practice
– Hold professional license or be willing to obtain licensure
– Intermediate experience with graphics software such as Sketchup, Adobe Creative Suite and Revit
– LEED Accreditation and/or Green Globes Professional Certification is a plus
– Technical production skills demonstrating the ability to effectively produce design & construction documents
– Possess the organizational skills to prioritize individual and team tasks while handling multiple deadlines
– Ability to effectively work independently or with a team
– Strong verbal and written communication skills with a cooperative approach
– Ability to interact professionally with colleagues, leadership, clients and consultants
– Understanding of relevant building codes
– Passionate about design, detail-oriented and devoted to client satisfaction
Competitive benefits package available including medical/dental/vision/life/disability insurance, medical flexible spending account, paid time off, comp time, remote work, 401k plan, wellness stipend, employee recognition program, tuition reimbursement, testing & licensure reimbursement and discretionary performance bonuses.
Get a feel for C DESIGN culture on Instagram, Facebook, and cdesigninc.com. Our team is committed to providing equal opportunity to everyone regardless of gender, race or background, which allows for a diverse range of perspectives. Send your cover letter, resume and portfolio to email@example.com. We would love to hear from you!